One of the best ways to mop up oil from the skin is to use ground oatmeal as a comforting facial mask. Its absorbent qualities quickly defeat excess sebum production, leaving your tone smooth, bright, and matte looking. Oatmeal is also quite moisturizing so it tricks oily skin into allowing less oil.
Since oatmeal carries both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant traits, using an oatmeal face mask will help defeat irritation and redness and soothe inflamed, sensitive, angry-looking acne breakouts.
it also joins as a lovely gentle exfoliant when you wash it off! Oatmeal’s use in skin care dates back numbers of years and can be observed in most soothing lotions, soaps, and shower mixtures today. I have been using this oatmeal face mask twice a week and have notified a big difference in the amount of oil my skin effects and the amount of moisture my skin retains after use. It’s so soft, you could even practise it daily to help reduce redness and calm a particularly offensive breakout.
Some Other Oatmeal Mask Benefits Include:
- Works amazingly soothing irritated skin
- Defeating dryness
- Rebalancing acidic skin
- Defends the outermost skin barrier
- Cleans without stripping beneficial oils
- Lessens inflammation
- Heals acne due to saponin content that serves to remove dirt and oil from the pores
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
Soothing Oatmeal Face Mask
Ingredients What You’ll Need:
- 3 TB Powdered (use ground) oatmeal
- 2-3 tsp of strong green tea
- 1 tsp of local raw honey
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil or essential oil of your selection that is suitable for healthy skin like frankincense, rose geranium, lavender, etc.
Simple Oatmeal Face Mask for Oily Skin
- Grind your Ground Oats (this is necessary because you want the oatmeal to be as absorbent as likely. You can use a coffee grinder for this.)
- Mix in the hot tea
- Add the honey and mash the components until gooey
- Add the essential oil and stir
- Practice to freshly cleansed skin in an even layer
- Leave on the oatmeal mask about 20 min once you feel dry.
- Wash with warm water.
- Pat dry and practice your oils or natural moisturizer if desired
You can also apply colloidal oatmeal for this face mask if you have it on hand.
Additionally, you can mix ground oatmeal with honey and practice it to especially irritated skin and leave it about 30 minutes. Try Manuka honey for a more medicinal impact!
You May like & also Like
The post Simple Oatmeal Face Mask for Oily Skin appeared first on 99 Health Plan.