If there’s it brings a time in a year that’s especially tough on our bodies, it’s wintertime. For instance, you can get ill with a cold, struggle with dry skin and hair, or end up with wind-burned faces from being out in the cold. So here I’ll be explaining how to make a concoction that can serve with all of those issues (and more!) in winter and all year long made by all-natural, handmade salve! (How To Make An Easy All Purpose Healing Salve)
I prefer to keep things very simple, which is why I love essential oils. I have bought so many products over to a very minimalistic shelf with essential oils and some other holistic remedies. This all-purpose salve is immeasurable for so many things. The coconut oil and olive oil effect nourishment, while the beeswax is known to lock in moisture, foster cells, and protect skin from harming environmental factors. For children, the Most satisfying two essential oils to have on hand are melaleuca and lavender.
Melaleuca (tea tree oil) is famous for its cleansing and rejuvenating impact on the skin. Lavender is recognised as a universal oil that is notably beneficial to helping many conditions. Combine these two and you have a potent weapon to aid in relief. This salve is cloth diaper secure and newborn-safe. The essential oil dosages in this recipe do not pass the recommendations for a newborn. I highly advise using very safe essential oils with therapeutic interests like these. Keep this salve on hand for ANYTHING!
All Purpose Healing Salve
- ½ cup of Coconut Oil
- ½ cup of Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup of Beeswax
- 1 Cup of Calendula Flowers
- 15 drops of Melaleuca (join 10 drops more for children over 10)
- 15 drops of Lavender (join 10 drops more for children over 10)
How to Prepare and Apply:
- Place the coconut oil and olive oil in a double boiler. Soften the coconut oil if it isn’t melted already.
- Add the calendula flower petals (dried) and cook on low for around 2 hours. Make sure to mix a few times during the process. You can also join the oil and calendula to a crockpot and put on low about 3 hours.
- Sift the mixture into a bowl through a cheesecloth.
- Now join the calendula oil back to the saucepan and combine the beeswax. Melt the beeswax.
- Transfer from heat and let cool for around 15 minutes.
- Join the essential oils and mix.
- Pour into a glass container and store for up to a year! Makes 1 cup!
You May Like & also Like
The post How To Make An Easy All Purpose Healing Salve appeared first on 99 Health Plan.