- Instead of spending a fortune on expensive products, you can use lemon to treat acne. Hence, as written on HopingHealth, the antibacterial properties of lemon enter the skin and absorb toxins and other impurities from the pores. Moreover, when lemon is combined with some honey, known for its antiseptic properties, you can quickly solve the problem with acne-causing bacteria.
- According to HopingHealth, you need to apply a mixture of honey and lemon onto the affected areas a couple of times per week. Being an exfoliating agent, lemon will eliminate all the dead skin and your face will literally glow!
- Lemons are excellent in the lightening process of the skin and thus, they are an amazing tool in the fight against hyperpigmentation signs like dark spots and acne scars.
- As written in an article by Top 10 Home Remedies, the citric acid in the lemons bleaches the skin.
- With a cotton ball, apply some lemon juice onto the affected areas twice per day, leaving the juice for 15 minutes to react and then rinse it off, as seen on
- Top 10. Repeat the treatment for a couple of months until you notice improvement.
Canker sores treatment
- According to Women’s Health, dabbing the infected areas with several drops of lemon essential oil helps the sores heal faster.
- As seen on The Stir, soak your fingernails in a bowl of warm water, lemon juice, and some honey if you want to have brighter nails.
- According to Home Remedies for Life, due to the anti-fungal properties of lemon juice and its ability to soothe itchy scalps, it is an amazing tool for fighting icky white flakes.
- You just need to apply the juice directly from the lemon onto the scalp and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing it with cool water.
Reduction of stretch marks
- An article written by The Fit Indian explains that lemons are a very popular method for treatment of stretch marks as they contain alpha hydroxyl acids and vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is known to be an ascorbic acid which encourages collagen production. You will need to rub a lemon directly onto the marks and leave the juice sit for 10 minutes.
- In the end, rinse off the area with warm water.