“Our metabolism relies, in large part, on our thyroid’s ability to function properly. If we’re not getting enough oxygen or energy to the cells for digestion, for pancreatic function, for brain function, for all of the other hormone production processes and the glands that are producing those, then everything is going to be slowing down and not working properly,” she explains. “It’s the gas pedal, essentially, for everything.”
As it is mentioned above, both internal and external factors have influence on the thyroid disorders, as at many patient, the imbalance occurred as a result of a combination of certain aspects including immunity, hormones, diet as well as the environment.
Joseph Mercola, DO, is one of the best and most popular American alternative medicine doctors. Dr. Mercola believes that in order to maintain your health at optimal level, you need to work on many aspects, and he agrees with the basic logic of Dr. Schwartz.
Namely, Dr. Mercola believes that by researching and finding quality resources you can control your health, but you also should consult experienced individuals, doctors and experts. He believes that “It’s probably the mindset that you are responsible for your health”.
By taking the proper nutrients, you can restart your thyroid and on that way you can keep your weight off, significantly slow down the aging process, boost the energy levels and improve your overall health.
Below we are going to present you few very important tips for how to restart your thyroid:
To restart your thyroid it is crucial to combine iodized salt and selenium rich foods such as:
- Fish (wild salmon, halibut, sardines, flounder)
- Veggies (Artichokes, Arugula, Asparagus, Avocado, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Brussels Sprouts, Collard Greens, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Chives, Cucumber)
- Fruits (all types of berries and lemons)
- Shellfish (oysters, mussels, shrimp, clams, scallops)
- Meat (Beef, liver, lamb, pork)
- Mushrooms (button, crimini, shiitake)
- Eggs (max 3 per a day)
- Whole grains (wheat germ, barley, brown rice, oats)
- Sunflower seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Poultry (chicken, turkey)
Make sure DO NOT EAT these foods:
- Dairy (avoid dairy for at least 20 days)
- Sugar and Sweeteners
- All Grains
- Beans and Legumes
Also make sure to avoid:
- low fat diets
- calorie restricted diets
- very low carbohydrate diets (you need to be very cautious with these types of diets)
- avoid eating more than 6-8 servings of Goitrogenic foods per a week. If you decide to eat these foods you should eat them steamed instead of eaten raw.
In addition to that, you need to start performing low intensity exercise for at least 1 hour on a daily basis:
After a month it is highly advisable to start doing high intensity exercise from 1 to 3 times per a week:
- Body Weight Exercises
Weight Lifting Exercises